Thursday, March 13, 2014

Saint Chapelle and the Catacombs

The watch I bought yesterday didn't seem to work, so I went back to the shop and found out it was an old mechanical mechanism that I had to wind!

09:40 in the Drole D'Endroit on Montorgueil for breakfast but the young guy in charge there was so busy with packing away deliveries and serving I think he forgot to take our breakfast order before we finished our hot drinks, which were only a euro each. We went to the supermarket and bought cheese, chicken, butter and then a stick of “traditionelle” from a bread shop across the road. It was very nice, I had been meaning to have Parisian bread and butter since we arrived but hadn't got around to it till then. After that we walked to the Chapelle to visit and then the Conciergerie as the ticket was only a few Euros more.

 

 

We then caught the Metro to Denfert for the Catacombs. Uschi thought it was OK but I was a little disappointed as there seem to have been significant damage since the kids and I visited in 2005 and more than half seems to have been sealed off. I bought souvenirs for the kids and headed for LeClerc Avenue where Uschi found a shoe shop where she spent a little while and then we went to the church of St Peter.


We had tea at “Le Courlis” near the catacombs where Uschi and I both had salad. I ordered Anjou salad while Uschi had “Salade de Crottin”. The two salads were probably mixed up, but I couldn't tell.
Finally after walking around near our hotel we sat for a while in the park across from Saint Eustache before turning in for the evening.






1 comment:

friv 1 said...

Love this very much